The Association was established to support the aspiration of the city to assert its authority in the cultural and economic mainstream of Bulgaria, the Black Sea region and the world.
In this sense, “Varna Design Forum” is designed to:
- To launch and work on initiatives for inspiring and public cultural unifying cause “Varna – (WDC) World Design Capital for 2020/2021”;
- To contribute to the work on the candidacy of the city as the European Capital of Culture 2019;
- To establish an international award of “Varna Design Forum” for best achievement in the field of design, innovation and artistic creativity;
- To stimulate competition principle layout of urban and natural spaces in the Varna region for any significant cultural event of local and international character;
- To promote and develop vocational education in design with the most modern methods and to extend consumers’s reach to the educational product in design from children to adults;
- Establish scholarships for higher education for young people in the fields of design and architecture;
- To work for the improvement of facilities – a new learning environment (innovative laboratories and workshops for practical training of students, residents, graduate students, students and children);
- Finance bilingual editions of books, articles, books, research, promoting knowledge in the cultural field and advertising Varna and the region;
- Bringing together the efforts of relevant international organizations in the region to implement socially beneficial cultural causes.